Ready, Set, Go......

So I am one of "those" people that make New Year resolutions......last year I had 3 and I did really good with 2 of them (cutting the the carbs and sugar...not so good) BUT now that we are 2 days into 2012, it is time I write my resolutions down!!! I have a few more than 3 this year...but I am very committed this year! Prayers are appreciated ;)
  1. I am going back to SCHOOL......no one is more shocked about this than I am. I have vowed over and over again that going back to school was OUT OF THE QUESTION.....and at the same time spent 12 months asking God for direction were my career life is concerned. He used a friend several weeks ago to reveal that direction and answer my prayer. :) I have already applied to GPC to finish up the prerequisite classes I foolishly failed to finish my first attempt at college...then I plan to attend Athens Tech to become a PTA (Physical Therapist Assistant) - It will mean 3 years in school and a LOT of sacrifice - But I can not wait!!!! I know what I want to be when I grow up and start school Summer 2012!
  2. I am going to read the entire bible - originally I was planning to do this on my own - But my friend Jill Hill, being the amazing example and leader that she is, has started a "virtual" bible study that will take 3 years for a group of committed Christian women to read the bible together! So there was no way I could pass up on being a part of this journey with her!
  3. I am training for a 1/2 marathon - I want to run 13.1 miles. enough said :)
  4. I am organizing a team to walk the Atlanta 2 day in honor of Lareen Peeples , Erin Peeples Davis' mother, that we lost last year to breast cancer. I did not know Mrs. Peeples well but Erin is a part of my family and my sister's best friend. It was laid on my heart months ago that this was something I needed to take on - so ok....looks like I will be walking 30 miles in October 2012 and raising a minimum of $1000 for the CURE! If you want to join our team "Lareen's Peeps", please let me know!!!
  5. Lastly - I want to volunteer at my church. Not sure where or how I am going to serve - but confident that the right opportunity will present itself!
So there you have it - 5 resolutions this year....5 pretty BIG resolutions, but all important and all attainable.
READY, SET, GO.....................

Comments

  1. Hey Samantha ~ I found your blog through the Shine girls. How awesome you are planning on a half marathon. Which one? I'm helping spread the word about the ZOOMA race at Lake Lanier on April 22. And good luck on more schooling. Education is power and can open doors. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie!!

      I am planning to run the one in Atlanta November 2012....I am training my way up to it all year :) I am not a "runner"...yet :)I will look up ZOOMA...maybe if it is a 5K oe 10K I could give it a shot too?!

      Great meeting you too :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts