Thanksgiving is upon us....

I can hardly believe that we are only days from Thanksgiving 2011. Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday! I love spending quality time with my family, the food, the nap that follows, and most importantly the turkey sandwich that night! :)

I love that it is a time to slow down and reflect on the blessings we have in our lives....and to just give thanks for each of them. My blessing are immeasurable....but I there are few that need some recognition. So here we go!


First on my list and first in my heart - I am thankful for my ever growing relationship with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. His presence in my heart and life has made all the difference. I am thankful for His sacrifice so that I am saved and for His love that I am not ever alone in this world.

I am thankful for my little girl Ryan Olivia - her being in this world changed everything in my life. She completed me, filled my heart, and in a way saved me from me....sounds a little crazy I guess - but it is so true. Every single day I look at her and thank God for her.

I am thankful for my Mom - without her support I could not do it. I appreciate not only her help - but mostly her heart. My mom loves with everything she has, she is kind, thoughtful and an incredible mom & grandma

I am thankful for my sister Wendy - a sister is a special gift from God. Wendy and I are in many ways as different as night and day - but in the ways that count we are oh so similar. She is my baby sister, but also one of my best friends.

I am thankful for my cousin Melanie - for being that person in my life that can challenge me when I need it, encourage me when I am fearful, cry with me & laugh with me. The person that has known me my entire life and loves me anyway :)

I am thankful for Kelly - my soul sister. She is 4 days my senior but her being older really makes no difference :) Years of laughs ,tears, & more laughs....we could literally read each others mind! We have traveled many roads and I appreciate every moment we've been friends.

I am thankful for John Wayne for loving my little girl as much as he does! He is not blood related to her, but he is a Grand Pa to her in every sense of the word without doubt. I appreciate the time he spends with her, probably more than he will ever know! We are both thankful for him...and the Bull of course!! :)

I am thankful for the Krueger twins....Baby A and Baby B - I am going to be an aunt and can hardly wait! These babies are a true answer to prayer and I am so looking forward to meeting and holding them both!

This list only scratches the surface of the things I am thankful for....I am just thankful for this life.....it has not always been easy - truthfully, what is easy anyway?? haha  - BUT it is a precious life...and I am thankful and praise God for the blessings He has given to me.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Comments

  1. Great Blog, Sam! I love that you are blogging, it's incredible how it makes you feel and how it can just be "your place" to write what you want and how you feel, and share with the ones you love in the world. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts