It's a wonderful life!! :)

Today I drove 6 hours home from NC after visiting with my sister, brother-in-law and my precious beautiful, amazing niece and nephew!! It was a great trip, and I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to spend some real quality time with them all.
 
 
As I drove I-20 west back to good old Covington, GA - I passed the exit for I-26 to Charleston, SC.....and realized that nearly 20 years later I am moving forward with something I let go of a long, long time ago. For years I have said to others "We always end up where we are supposed to be.....some just chose the long road." Well, friends, that is me - I took the long road, I believe that God knew exactly what road I would take, and He used that road to accomplish some great things as He brought me back to exactly where I was supposed to be. I am so thankful, as I step out in faith giving it all to Him and knowing with complete confidence He is guiding my every step.
 
 
 
Bare with me as I take you back for a moment to my senior year and what I consider "the" decision I made that changed my life....I applied to one school as a senior in high school....I applied and was accepted to the College of Charleston - I was going to school at the beach, thank you very much.:) I attended orientation and just before leaving for school I made the decision that I did not want to go. WHY!?!?!? Was I crazy???? Yep - there were a few reasons why I did not go....and trust me none of those reasons were good enough! Over the past nearly 20 years there have been many times I have wondered "what if...", I have wished that my parents had insisted that I go and at least try, and I have had this "pull" to go/move to Charleston forever.
 
 
Today as I drove past the exit, those same thoughts came to mind but as I was thinking of the "what if's" I was reminded of what I have today, how I got here and where I am headed. Looking back over what at times appears only broken, bumpy wreckage I realize that there are many many bright spots that were only possible because I did not go to Charleston almost 20 years ago. If it were not for the past I chose, many things would not be as they are today. No longer held captive by the what if's - I am free and HAPPY in the right now!!
 
 
So I missed "that" life, I am not 18 headed off to school to discover myself and the world. But that is OK, because I have THIS life - with an amazing little girl, my supportive loving family and real friends. I am a 37 year old single mom that is going back to school - having a firm grip on who I am, having learned to lean on God, follow His lead and with complete trust in Him. YAY!!!! :)

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you did not go to Charleston b/c I would not have met you! I cherish our friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Ashley - our friendship is one of those bright spots!! I love and cherish you and our friendship too!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts