2013 in a nutshell



It is the last day of the year….and I had to take a minute to reflect on 2013. It was a year full of challenge and change.  This was the year that I went “all in” on Jesus – I committed to walk boldly thru the doors He opened for me with confidence and assurance. He took me outside of my comfort zone so many times in 2013. Sometimes it was with others; having me share my story with strangers in places I would usually not share or talk with unbelievers about who He is. Many times throughout the year He took me to a place of complete reliance on Him by convicting my heart that the only choice was completely trusting His plan without knowing exactly what that plan looked like.


It was year with challenge.  I struggled with fear, stress, un-forgiveness and sometimes doubt.  There were health scares with loved ones, wondering how I would manage to make ends meet financially, and sometimes feeling like I was on an island by myself. There have been times that my relationship, belief in and speaking of Jesus has offended people, some that I love and some that I barely know. There were times that I slipped, that I made bad choices that I am not proud of and that He used to humble me. There were moments that I felt like the world’s worst mother, daughter and friend.  


But more than anything 2013 was a year of blessings….BIG blessings, happiness, laughter, love, and  friendship…2013 was a year that I tried to push thru the fear by seeking the Lords will in my life every single day. It was year that He picked me up and put me back together every single time I fell short….and that happens a lot. This was a year that I experienced His grace, love and faithfulness to keep His promises like never before. 2013 was full of moments of exhaustion with my sassy 3 year old but more than that there were thousands of moments filled with kisses, cuddles and belly laughs.  A year that I moved an hour away from my mom, the person that helps me the most with Ryan Olivia, completely convinced that God wanted me in Athens even before I was accepted into the PTA program. A year that enriched and strengthened the friendships I have in my life as well as added new meaningful friends to my life. It was the year that I finally found love...the love I have been looking for, waiting for and preparing for. A year that my relationship with God was confirmed, reconfirmed and confirmed again.  2013 was a year that I will never forget. A year that I stepped into me….I stepped out of the boat onto the water, letting go and trusting Him completely that I am the person He sees when He looks upon me and that I can be the person He created me to be.


So in a nutshell….2013 was good to me. I am thankful for 2013 and every moment/memory that it holds.  

 

But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul. 
Deuteronomy 4:29

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 
Jeremiah 29:13

Now devote your heart and soul to seeking the LORD your God. 
1 Chronicles 22:19

Happy New Year friends!

Comments

Popular Posts