You are who God says you are - Chosen

 

You ARE Chosen.

 

Let those three words sink in for a minute…. What does that statement mean to you?? How do you identify, understand, and accept what it means to be chosen? For a very long time I did not know what it meant or how it felt to be chosen – what I did know was rejection. Rejection of self for one reason or maybe a million reasons, feeling rejected may have even felt safer for me somehow…. can you relate?

 

The truth is that I spent many years of my life running from myself, masking myself and rejecting myself in so many ways.  Without knowing what God says about me, I was easily convinced and allowed myself to believe that there was something wrong with me that I couldn’t even see, that I was not worthy of love, that I was not enough, and that I didn't really belong. To cope with overwhelming feelings and rejection of self, I learned how to be a “fixer”, how to handle everything, as well be strong and so very independent. I worked to earn love and I reinforced with myself that my only worth was what I could give to others. That is until I really met Jesus, and finally grasped the significance of the choice He made on my behalf and the gift he offers me. See, the truth is that Jesus sees us exactly where we are, knows every single part of us and made the choice to love us…  I mean, really, who makes a choice like that?? I might be speaking for myself but knowing that Jesus sees me…. ALL of me… the good, the bad and let’s get real here, the UGLY – and yet despite it all, He still loved me, so much in fact, that he made a choice to love and die for me (and you) then invites me (and you) to live with Him forever. And He tells us…He tells us that we are CHOSEN – and well, that should change everything right??

 

“You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit- fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.” John 15:16

 

Jesus says he chose you. So, what does chosen mean anyway?? Well…...Chosen means one who is the object of choice or of divine favor; an elect person; selected or marked for favor or special privilege; singled out from a number or group as more to one's liking; picked; to decide to accept; wanted; to see fit; to come to judgement about.

 

Ever wonder why it so hard to believe that Jesus chose us? Or why it is so easy to believe the lies of rejection that completely contradict what He says about us?? Jesus tells us and shows us that His choice was us. And now, we have a choice to make, our choice is believing what Jesus says about us or choose not to believe and reject it. But as you consider this choice, I ask that you really ponder the sacrificial choice Jesus made first….to choose us – and then recognize that without His choice to go to the cross on our behalf there would be no choice for us to make. Sit in the truth that no matter how many excuses you might have, how much shame you might carry, how many lies of rejection may have taken root in your heart…. Jesus already made His choice. And in making His choice, Jesus says you are the object of divine favor. He elected you to be a part of Gods family forever.  He says you are selected/marked for favor or special privilege. He has singled you out from the group as to His liking. He picked you. He decided to accept you. He wants you with Him. He sees you as fit. And He has come to judgement about you and Jesus says……...YOU ARE CHOSEN


Much Love Always! 

Sam




Comments

Popular Posts